That happened to me on the first day of my house-hunting trip in the South:
1. I met a chinese landlord named "He-man"
2. I learned that "Buena Vista" is pronounced "Byoona vista,"
3. And that Tortoiseshell cats are very rare here
4. And that Gelato is sold here
5. A lovely old lady informed me that Ernie Shore, who "played for the White Sox or the Red Sox or some such team up north" (It was the Red Sox) once lived here.
6. A younger woman hit on me
7. I noticed that Southerners immediately made a point of remembering my name and addressing me by it. It was nice.
8. I bumped into Maya Angelou on the street. (Ha, I wish! But I'm keeping my eyes out for her)
9. I found out that my host (a senior colleague) is also an INFJ
10. I may have found an apartment (I'm still not sure so I haven't signed anything just yet). A gorgeous one, in a Queen Anne style house, with high ceilings, hardwood floors, porch, deck, leaded glass windows, working fireplace, and central air. Yay!