Monday, April 25, 2011

Returning to the Blog

I'm tickled. I really, really am. A few weeks ago, at an important early modernist conference on the West Coast, more than one person I admire (including the inimitable Bardolph, of the currently catatonic Blogging the Renaissance) said they missed reading my blog. As did Veralinda, in comments on the last entry. I always succumb to flatterers (and I don't mean it in the Renaissance, negative sense).

I've been so busy with the move and with my book I had forgotten about this space. I was also pretending to be trendy and acting like blogs were so ten minutes ago.

But now I find myself back here. Partly because I miss writing in this free, public-yet-intimate way, and partly because I read somewhere that if you stop blogging then blogger deletes your account and everything is lost. So much for posterity!

So I'm back. Still in the South, still finding it quirky, still marveling at life, writing, scholarship and early modern studies. Please stay tuned.

6 comments:

qwe said...

Sac Pas Cher Sac Chane Sac Louis Vuitton Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher Sac Chane pas cher Christian Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Sandals Christian Louboutin pumps Christian Louboutin Boots Chaussures Nike Chaussures Nike Pas Cher Chaussures Nike Homme Chaussures Nike Femme Discount Wedding Dresses Wedding Dresses Bridesmaid Dresses Prom Dresses

Cheap umrah Packages said...

A fantastic post, i am really thankful to you. This is very helpful in analyzing the website from user point of view, because the actual analysis is done by the user not us the owner. So, offers Cheap hajj Packages. it will keep you updated towards your website performance for a user.

Cheap flights to harare said...

Fantastic blog! I don't think I’ve seen all the angles of this subject the way you have pointed them out. well basically im a travel agent and we offers Cheap umrah Packages. You are a true star, a rock star mate, You have got so much to say and know so much about the subject.

Sana Jamal said...

Asalam-O-Alaiakum! How are you all? Well, I must say that the services were really good, but the guidance was not as great as it should be. We had some issue in Makkah, when we were doing Tawaf, due to the misguidance of the staff members, although the other things were really good. Best Hajj Packages

Sumera Khan said...

A very nice and informative article thanks!

Cheap Travel Agents in Connecticut

Hiba Farooqi said...

Great way of attracting the readers!
umrah 5 star packages