Thursday, November 21, 2013

Grievances Forgone

Almost exactly four years ago, I thought my life had changed dramatically for the worse. Of course, I was wrong. Ultimately, I think what was and felt at the time a horrible thing was the outset of a series of exciting, good, and necessary changes. And I am grateful for the experience despite the unnecessary suffering it caused me, because I have gained dear friends, knowledge, perspective, and strength.

Nevertheless, I commemorate this experience annually by reading a poem. Today's is Shakespeare's Sonnet 30:



When to the sessions of sweet silent thought

I summon up remembrance of things past, 

I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought, 

And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste:

Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow, 

For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,

And weep afresh love's long since cancell'd woe, 

And moan the expense of many a vanish'd sight: 

Then can I grieve at grievances foregone, 

And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er 

The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan, 

Which I new pay as if not paid before. 

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,

All losses are restored and sorrows end.
Who is my "dear friend"? Perhaps it would be better to ask who isn't? Right now I am thinking of three: one is a "precious friend hid in death's dateless night," a dear close friend I lost the same year I thought I had lost myself. This man remains one of the kindest, most generous people I have ever met, a scholar whose mind and personality shone bright and strong. Another is my adorable beau, now my husband, who first showed me his strength when helping me through these troubles (and we had only been dating for a couple of months). And the third is my dear best colleague/friend Veralinda, who gave me a stern talking to when it seemed I would drown the world with tears and it was time to shut up and move on. These days, we're happily collaborating, kvetching, and congratulating one another on our many accomplishments in work and life.



I don't mull over that year very often, perhaps only around its anniversary. Lately, I think about this experience fondly, proud of how I overcame my fear and feelings of inadequacy, glad of my current situation. But honestly, I rarely think of it at all. Which is as it should be.

3 comments:

Veralinda said...

Intuition always leads me here within days of a post, even if months go by. I am so thrilled for you, and amazed at how much has happened in these four years!! Much love.

al fatih said...


connexionsafrica.info
jobs-not-wars.info
comisiondeverdadhonduras.info>
smart2phone.info
terroristes.info
itaikriss.info
kywoodexpo.info
texasmusiccon.info
mccanngagency.info
occuponsmontreal.info
leadpaint.info
sharkcagedive.info
peter-bastian.info
bips.info
judahfest.info
38273.info
37903.info
58750.info
50293.info
orion-bausysteme.info
futureversity.info
asymbolgallery.info
futureverse.info
pulss.info
rychlebskestezky.info>
advocate-hypermedia.info
leadpaint.info
sharkcagedive.info
npmudaipur.info

an muti said...

Minecraft Skins . How do you feel if your charaters have very new and fashionable skins in many games of Minecraft at this Christmas and up-coming Tet holiday? It will be really fun. Now let me make it come true. I am so excited to be with you in every Minecraft game! 

Minecraft Mods
. Just like Skins, you seem to get so bored with some Minecraft mods you have ever used. Would you like to take part in extremely modern and great new games as well as experience the exciting atmostphere that you have never tried before? I guess all of you cannot wait more for these wonderful things. Let’s get started to join these games and I will show you how easy it is to find out the other Minecraft mods.

Minecraft Maps
. Hmmm… In Minecraft, I like this part most. Do you know why? Well, as you can see, Maps Minecraft is so great because you cannot discover any challenge in every game without Maps Minecraft. The wonderful. Minecraft Maps usually interest me so much but my PC configuration is not suitable. LOL…! However , I do not give up even no matter hard it is. Now I have much more Maps Minecraft than ever after a long time discovering. All of you are welcomed to visit my blog and take a look at these Maps Minecraft. LOL… All is for everyone who are keen on Maps Minecraft. I really hope our Minecraft community will gradually become greater and happier in near future.
Minecraft Texture Packs
. I rarely search about it , but I also have many Minecraft Texture Packs to share with you. 

Christmas and New Year are together coming! minecraftfreemods.net Wish you all happiness and best luck! I hope these great holidays will bring us millions of reasons to smile in life! Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
Everything will finally be alright! Wish you a successful life! Your all
dreams will definitely come true! <3
                                                                                                          minecraftfreemods.net