Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Alternate Identities

I recently discovered that a friend of mine has an "alternate personality." It's really just a joke, an identity he created for himself that is completely different from his everyday personality, but it got me thinking.

Is "The Freudian Petticoat" my own alternate personality? I tend to think of blogs as ways for people to explore putting themselves on display, and of course a fair amount of that involves self-fashioning (see my earlier post on Ren Prof Self-fashioning). Is "muse" different from me?

I like the idea of creating an alternate identity, one with a history, iconography, and, in the case of my friend, song and dance.

When I have more time, I'll post some character descriptions and pictures of candidates for muse's alternate identity.

No comments: