Wednesday, August 02, 2006

En Attendant Doldrum

I'm waiting for the movers to arrive to start packing. They are already an hour and a half late, but what else to expect from a company with a name that rhymes with "doldrum"?

Saffron seems less anxious, now that I've stopped pulling things down off the walls and ceilings. I've turned the bathroom into Kitty Headquarters, complete with bed, favorite toys, carrier, food, water, and facilities. I've even plugged a little jar of feline essences that are supposed to make cats calm into the outlet. But right now she is more interested in taking a tour of the kitchen counter.

The movers are loading tomorrow, and I shall be Southward Bound by Sunday morning. I hope it all goes well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to guess the name of the company: mould rum, cold room, sold rum...

Good luck with the move!

Pantagruelle said...

So how did the packing go in the end?

I can't believe you're moving already! :-(

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage, Muse!

Pamphilia said...

Thanks, all! The move went fine, at least on the Montreal side! Whew . . .

The movers don't rhyme completely with doldrum, it's more of an Emily Dickinson kind of slant rhyme.

They do, however, rhyme with "Bell Drum."